Blue Earth County Sheriff Candidate Forum
Effective governance depends on well-informed voters willing to evaluate the qualifications of their candidates.
Thank you to Andy Wilke and Lisa Cownie for moderating and Greater Mankato Growth for organizing the event.
I urge all Blue Earth County voters to watch the forum (link below) to help make an educated vote.
Check out My YouTube Channel
All of the short videos we began releasing several months ago are now available to stream on YouTube. Good content on many of the following subjects.
As always, feel free to reach out with questions!
4 PRIMARY AREAS OF FOCUS
Initiatives should not wait for the results of an election. In my current role as Captain in Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office Administration, I have identified 4 primary areas of focus and plan to continue efforts in these areas moving forward.
As always, feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to visit on these focus areas or any other topics.
PROACTIVE LAW ENFORCEMENT &
1. High-profile investigative and supervisory experience including multiple missing persons, homicides, aggravated robberies and officer-involved shootings
2. School Safety Coordinator responsible for unifying lockdown and evacuation strategies for Blue Earth County Schools and modification of statewide guidance
3. Active Violence/Active Shooter founding member - regionalized first-responder training and education curriculum for area businesses, schools and places of worship
4. Sheriff's Office Administration lead for Towards Zero Death initiative and MN Department of Public Safety/Office of Traffic Safety DWI officer program
ADDRESS MENTAL ILLNESS & CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY COLLABORATIVELY
1. Presenter at statewide and national conferences including Association of MN Counties, Police Treatment Community Collaborative and Oregon Justice Reinvestment Summit
2. County Board approval for $107,000 contract enhancement to increase nursing hours and double mental health professional hours in the jail
3. Training coordinator responsible for bringing mental health awareness, crisis intervention and Autism training to the Sheriff's Office prior to statewide training mandates
4. Sheriff's Office Administration lead for Opioid-settlement workgroup to explore proactive funding opportunities to combat Opioid addiction and community impacts
ENHANCE PUBLIC TRUST &
1. Sheriff's Office representative for 2020 community listening sessions to guide police reform and 2022 Minnesota State University, Mankato Diverse Student Leaders' Meeting
2. Assistant Emergency Management Director with storm and flood experience in 2014 and 2016 along with pandemic response priorities
3. Board member for the Child and Family Advocacy Center of South Central MN providing a safe, neutral and child-friendly environment for children that experience trauma and violence
4. Public Information Officer/Media Liaison responsible for implementation of the Sheriff's Office's social media presence
RECRUIT & RETAIN QUALITY, PROFESSIONAL STAFF
1. Primary responsibility for Sheriff's Office patrol division's hiring, promotional and specialty assignments processes
2. Oversees agency supervisors including Patrol Lieutenants and Drug Task Force Lieutenant/Commander
3. Staff consults across all divisions of the Sheriff's Office to identify deficiencies and improve workflows and processes
4. Sheriff's Office Administration representative for the Blue Earth County Jail Labor Management Committee formed to collaboratively improve the work environment